Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mystery Food Weeks 14 and 15: Back to School edition

Another double-edition of Mystery Food today. This should tell you that my fall semester of graduate school is officially in full swing. Apart from working on my e-portfolio-thesis-magic, I'm taking a course in Medieval Manuscripts. I've always wanted to take a course on illuminated manuscripts, because pre-printing press books (and not simply their content) were intricate, one-of-a-kind works of art. Our class will focus mostly on Western Europe during the Medieval period, but one of our assignments is to create a wiki on scribes and writing in a different part of the world. Since everyone is required to post the assignments to our class discussion board, I'll hopefully get to learn about a lot of different places.

All work and no play would make me a very dull Neen though, so I'm really excited that football season starts today. New Orleans and Minnesota play at 8:30 tonight! This year, I am participating in two pick'em leagues and one fantasy football league. It's the first year in the seven (wow…) I've been playing that I'm only in one fantasy league. The final semester of graduate school has to get some priority. The pick'em leagues are different in that one uses the point spread and the other does not. I like the added challenge of the point spread, but I'm admittedly not very good at it.

My beloved Steelers are down a starting QB, but it's alright because my favorite player (and his million dollar hair) is back!

On to Mystery Food…

Week 14 brought a giant eggplant, tomato, sweet corn, concord grapes, beans, Asian pears, summer squash, apples, and peaches:


Week 15 continued to spoil me with zucchini, patty pan squash, sweet corn, concord grapes, beans, Asian pears, apples, peaches, small watermelon, and a tomato:


Oh, those beautiful flowers in the week 15 picture? No, they are not mystery food. I've been sick all week and Joe got them to cheer me up! He really is quite the catch. ;-)

Ciao for now,

Neen

No comments: